Best Camera Drones For Professionals in 2017
On the market today we have a large variety of camera drones for sale, it’s important to know what kind of drone fits you best in your predetermined operation before thinking of purchasing one. Many manufacturers are building drones with interesting ideas. Therefore, you have to research to know your best option. We have reviewed the best drones in 2017 and listed features and important details to guide to you as a professional. Here’s the list in no particular order:
DJI Phantom 4
DJI Phantom 4 is one of the amazing camera drones for both for amateurs and professionals ever created by DJI, a major Drone innovator company. The Phantom 4 offers a very sharp 1080 camera with a maximum of 120fps, a mostly incorporated gimbal with side cameras, speedy discharge propellers and the new ultra-lightweight magnesium compound body. The Phantom 4 genuinely supersedes DJI's heritage models, to leave the opposition standing.
Easy to switch flight modes that meet your needs regardless of whether you're searching for simplicity or smart navigation, speed or smooth cinematic shots is easy. This drone also offers 3.1mi (5km) of distance range, with complete control and a live 720p HD perspective of everything the camera see.
- Video Resolution: 4K at 30FPS and 1080 at 120fps
- 28 minutes flight time/Battery life
- Speed of 45mph in Sport mode
- Camera resolution of 12MP Adobe DNG RAW
- Obstacle avoidance
- Obstacle Avoidance
- Slow Motion Video Recording
- Follow me and Return to Home Functions
- Expensive Accessories
- Large and bulky Design(not ultra-portable)
DJI Mavick Pro
DJI Mavick Pro is the smallest quadcopter camera and best known for aerial photography and filmmaking. Its portability is remarkable because it can be folded to a small size which makes it easy to move around with it.
The Mavick Pro has a design that offers a broad range of benefits; it’s portable and easy to move around with, 27 minutes flight time, a maximum speed of 40 mph, a 12mp camera mounted on a 3-axis gimbal, long range remote control integrated with your iOs and Android tablets and smartphones. It’s a powerful device for both beginners and professionals.
- 40mph maximum speed
- Obstacle detection
- Automated take-off and landing
- Vision positioning system, GLONASS, and GPS
- 12mp still capture and 4K video
- Easily controllable Indoor and Outdoor
- Ultra Portability (Easily fits in a Pocket)
- About 27 Minutes of Battery Life
- OcuSync Transmission System
- Records in both (Portrait and Landscape Modes)
- Must require a SmartPhone to Control
- Unstable in Strong Winds
DJI Inspire 1
DJI Inspire 1 may be bigger in size but also has an excellent 360 degrees camera rotation giving you a wide-range view from above the ground. Easy to dismantle the camera system and 3-axis gimbal for upgrades and easy transportation. It’s a device you can use a for a long time since its camera system is upgradable.
DJI Inspire 1 offers 4K high-quality video recordings that are brimming with details, colors, and sharpness. When compared to DJI Phantom 4, this one has a different design and more aggressive. This drone has an option for two controllers at once, without a doubt Inspire 1 is one of the best drones in the drone market.
- 12mp camera resolution/4K video at 30fps
- Maximum speed: 49mph
- flight time: 18minutes
- Dual operator mode
- Multiple zenmuse expandable camera systems
- Removable Camera
- Lacks Advanced Functions(follow me and flight intelligent)
- Awesome Built Quality
- 4k video recording
- Very Expensive
- Extra Batteries are too Expensive
- Android App is not that great
DJI Inspire 2
If you are looking for a drone camera with an excellent ergonomics DJI Inspire 2 is the device you should go for. DJI manufacturer is remarkably advancing their technology making them ahead of the curve compared to their competitors.
Inspire 2 is a flying monster with an incredible ergonomics, flying power, and cinema-worthy quality. With a Zenmuse X5S and X5R camera which offers Pro Resolution of 4K and 5.2K, improved flying stability for smoother shots and 360 degrees camera for a wide view range.
- Maximum speed: 67mph
- Maximum flight: 27 minutes
- 4K at 60fps/5.2K at 30fps video resolution
- 12mp camera resolution
- Apple ProRes Codec integration is very handy
- Offers PCle SSD storage with 67 mph speed range
- effective obstacle avoidance and detection system
- dual operator control using FPV pilot camera
- intelligent flight modes
- Micro Four Thirds camera unit is highly expensive
- not designed to serve the purpose of hobbyist users
- As it creates recordings with 5.2 K determination level, users require a superior CPU for their post processing.
Yuneec Typhoon H
DJI may be the leading drone manufacturer, but Yuneec couldn’t be left out either. With their latest product, Typhoon H is an excellent aerial photography and videography platform and one of the best hexacopter drones in the market at the moment -- and it’s affordable too.
Typhoon H offers a flight time of 25 minutes Ultra HD filming and still image capture, Android-powered ST16 Ground Station which features 7inch touchscreen for displaying live footage from the drone in 720HD resolution and enables a broad range of unmonitored flight mode.
- 12mp camera resolution
- 4K at 30fps video resolution
- Maximum flight: 25 minutes
- Maximum speed: 43mph
- 360 degrees camera
- Unique 6-rotor design is more reliable, safer
- Automatic Collision Avoidance
- 2- operator option
- Ready To Fly & fully integrated
- Excellent configurable ST-16 controller
- Long startup time
- Batteries take 2 hours to recharge
GoPro has managed to dominate the current camera market and keeping in mind that there have been a lot of competitors, nothing has figured out how to approach the stunning cameras by GoPro.
GoPro Karma is extremely portable; its wings can easily fold into the drone itself. It supports different types of GoPro cameras if you wish to upgrade, the drone also comes with an app called GoPro Passenger which helps you control the drone.
- Maximum speed: 35mph
- Maximum Distance: 3,000m
- Availability of wide range of camera from 720HD upwards
- Built-in Display on the Controller
- It comes with a Handheld Stabilizer
- Lacks Obstacles Avoidance option
- Poor Battery Life
- Missing Downward Positioning Sensor
Yuneec is one promising drone manufacturer they offered yet another fantastic piece. Yuneec Q500 4K considered a direct completion to DJI, you may be fooled Yuneec to be a new company trying to venture into the drone market, but actually, they have been around since 1999.
Yuneec Q500 4K has an ability to offer a smooth and stable 4K video recording, 12 megapixels for capturing still images with the distortion-free lens, user-friendly when it comes to controlling, actually its controller comes with a screen feature that streams live footage from the drone.
- Video resolution: 4K at 30 FPS and 1080p at 120FPS
- 12mp camera resolution
- GPS signal controller
- Maximum Flight time: 25 minutes
- Max speed: 22mph
- Lightweight Aluminium casing package
- Strong and durable
- Easy to control
- 4K Video recording
- Longer battery charging time
- Huge Controller
- Blurry videos from the edges
- Lacks waypoint navigation
DJI Phantom 3 Professional
DJI Phantom 3 is the most sophisticated drone in the Phantom Series, besides being designed for professional pilots, it’s also user-friendly for both professional and hobbyists. This Quadcopter drone has a flashier design compared to the other drones in this series.
DJI Phantom 3 offers 4K video recording, 5km distance,23 minutes flight time and five different advanced flight modes including,
- WayPoint navigation
- Follow me
- Point of interest
- Coarse lock
- Home lock
- Video resolution: 4K at 30fps
- 12mp camera resolution
- Maximum flight time: 23minutes
- Maximum speed: 36mph
- Live view feed
- 4K video recording
- Automated flight mode
- Incredibly easy to control and stable in the air
- Very expensive
- Poor battery life